Classic Pot Roast Recipe
A Sunday dinner classic, pot roast tends to be full of flavour and prepared with minimal effort. Here’s our take on this family favourite.
- 1 Home Butcher’s Beef Roasting Joint
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, mashed
- 400 grams baby carrots
- Red wine
- Brown the roast in a large casserole pot by frying it on all sides in a bit of oil and butter. Remove and set aside.
- Add the sliced onions and carrots and garlic.
- Pour red wine into the dish until it comes halfway up the carrots and onions.
- Add the beef back into the pot with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Roast the beef for about three hours or until fork tender and cooked through.
- Serve with the vegetables and bread or Yorkshire puddings.
- Ella Dooly