Fillet Steak with Potato Salsa Recipe
Perfect for a romantic night in, our succulent fillet steak is pan-fried in butter so that it's crisp on the outside and perfectly medium and tender on the inside. We've paired it with an easy salad of potato salsa in olive oil and topped it with a generous helping of fresh pea shoots.
For the fillet steak
1 Home Butchers Fillet Steak, per person
2 tablespoons butter
For the potato salsa
6 to 8 Jersey Royal potatoes
75 grams cherry tomatoes, halved
1 onion, sliced thinly
1 bell pepper, sliced thinly
30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes or until fork tender, but not falling apart.
- Meanwhile, pan fry the steaks in a bit of butter and fry 3 to 6 minutes each side, depending on desired level of doneness.
- Once the steaks are done, remove them from the pan and allow them to rest. Add the sliced onions and peppers to the steak pan and saute until soft.
- Halve the potatoes, once cooked and toss with the potatoes, onions and peppers. Dress with a bit of extra virgin olive oil and season.
- Serve the steak with the potato salsa and pea shoots seasoned with a bit of salt.