Rib Roast Recipe
Our foolproof recipe for rib roast creates an indulgent, flavourful dish that you will enjoy serving up and eating. Rib roast is great for special occasions or for a Sunday dinner when you want something a bit different. Serve with your usual roast dinner trimmings of roast potatoes, carrots and greens.
- 1 Home Butcher’s rib roast joint
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoons garlic granules
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Preheat the oven to 190c.
- Combine the salt, pepper and garlic together. Place the roast on a rack in a roasting pan so that the fatty side is up and the rib is at the bottom.
- Rub the seasoning onto the roast.
- Roast the rib roast for 1 hour in the oven. Turn the oven off and leave the roast inside but do not open the door. Let the roast rest and continue to cook for 3 hours.
- Half an hour before serving, the oven back on to 190c.
- Serve the roast with traditional Sunday dinner trimmings.
- Ella Dooly