Roast Pork Loin with Cider & Mustard Crust Recipe
An easy recipe for a juicy and flavourful roast pork loin. Use your favourite drinking cider and mustard to make it extra special.
For the pork
A Home Butcher's Pork Roasting Joint
1 Onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon Cider vinegar
1 tablespoon Runny honey
1 tablespoon Thyme
2 tablespoons Wholegrain mustard
25 grams Butter
200 millilitres Cider
Roast Pork Loin with Cider & Mustard Crust
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and cook the onion until soft.
- Add the thyme, cider, cider vinegar and honey and cook until all the liquid has evaporated about 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before stirring in the mustard.
- Preheat the oven to 200c.
- Heat a dry frying pan, score the fat on the pork, and to the pan, fat side down. Cook until the top is golden brown. Then brown all the remaining sides of the pork.
- Place the pork in a baking tray, cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Spoon the cider mix over the pork and bake, uncovered, for an additional 10 minutes.
- Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favourite traditional Sunday dinner trimmings such as parsnips, carrots, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings.