Rump Steak and Potatoes Recipe
Steak & potatoes is a classic combination anywhere in the world. It doesn’t matter if you serve potatoes in the form of French fries, thick cut chips, smooth mash or roasties, they all pair well with a lovely juicy steak.
- 1 Home Butcher’s Rump Steak, per person
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil + more
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary
- Season and marinate the steaks in the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop the potatoes into chips.
- Heat more of the olive oil in a saucepan deep enough to fry chips.
- Gently fry the chips about 7 to 10 minutes until cooked through. Strain and set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt some butter and add the marinated steak.
- Pan fry on all sides until cooked to your desired level of doneness.
- Serve the steak with the potatoes and a bit of Dijon mustard or other sauce.