Traditional Northern Irish Vegetable Roll & Champ Recipe
Vegetable roll is a Northern Irish delicacy, finding its way to the tables of thousands of homes, pubs and cafes across the country. Our vegetable roll has been hand-prepared by our expert butchers and is filled with our quality beef or pork mince and loads of lovely home-grown Nor'n Irish veg. Serve alongside a big helping of champ.
For the vegetable roll
1 Whole Home Butchers Pork or Beef Vegetable Roll
1 tbsp Olive oil
For the champ
1 bunch Scallions or spring onions, sliced
1 kilogram Potatoes, skin on
85 grams Butter
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the potatoes until soft. Drain and once, cool, peel and mash.
- Heat the milk until boiling, add to the potatoes along with the scallions.
- Stir together to combine, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Set aside and keep warm while you prepare the vegetable roll.
- Warm the oil in a frying pan.
- Thickly slice the vegetable roll and fry each slice until cooked through.
- Serve the vegetable roll alongside the champ with your favourite vegetables.
Don't fancy slicing your own vegetable roll? Take a look at our ready-sliced vegetable roll!